Are you running a subject association for teachers? Having problems keeping track of your members or reconciling monthly payments? Is your conference committee struggling with program information in different places?
Becker Associates has been working with secondary and elementary teacher groups for over 30 years. We have built up a combination of content management, email/communications, and conference management software to specifically help subject associations as well as post-secondary scholarly associations. We understand your needs.
Some of our teacher association clients include:
- Educational Computing Organization of Ontario (ECOO)
- Ontario Association for Geographic and Environmental Educators (OAGEE)
- Ontario Elementary Social Science Teachers’ Association (OESSTA)
- Ontario Family Studies and Home Economic Educators’ Association (OFSHEEA)
- Ontario Family Studies, Social Science and Humanities Leadership Council (OFS3HLC)
- Reading Recovery Canada (CIRR)
- Science Teachers’ Association of Ontario (STAO)
And our scholarly associations include:
- Canadian University Music Society (MusCan)
- Canadian Journal of Psychoanalysis
- Early Theatre journal
- Quaderni journal
- Refuge – Canada’s Journal on Refugee Studies
- Urban History Review
We help you make the most of open source software to:
- Keep your website up-to-date and secure
- Allow for distributed content creation by your committee or board members. This allows your association to update the website without paying a programmer every time.
- Facilitate more involvement; create more engagement
- Centralize membership records with customized cloud solutions. Get away from Excel-sheet hell!
- Create member-benefits through restricted, members-only content
- Give your members more control; one login account for all association-related activities (profile, payments, resources, etc.)
- Manage the editorial process for journals
If you need a little more back office support, we ensure that:
- your organization runs with no worries about day-to-day operations
- payments are handled accurately and securely;
- cheques are deposited into your accounts on a timely basis;
- your members have a contact number to call for assistance anytime during the work week and not have to wait for an open space in a volunteer’s schedule to get a response;
- your organization will get centralized, regular monthly sales reports;
- and your association complies with changing regulations, including the Canadian Anti-Spam Law (CASL).
We can also help with tools for your board to ensure your board is functioning at its best.
One often hears of Excel sheet hell; that is only half the equation. The other half is good management, responsive customer service and access to people who understand the demands on a teachers’ time and energy.