Board Development and Training for Small Not for Profit Organizations
Have you wondered about the best practices of being on the Board of Directors for a not-for-profit organization? Did you know that most Boards don’t have board orientations for new members? Are you new to a Board and unsure of what your responsibilities are? Are you looking for a short training session or orientation that is affordable?
Volunteers who become Board members accept a major responsibility that requires knowledge, skill, know-how and a few basic pieces of information. Director’s actions directly impact the performance of the organization they represent. This 3-hour workshop will give you everything you need to know about being a well-informed and effective Board member of your organization.
You will learn
• The concept of fiduciary responsibility;
• What are the roles and responsibilities of directors;
• The various governance models ;
• How to evaluate your board’s effectiveness ;
• How to address the issue of diversity ;
• What the impact of new Ontario laws for non-profits;
• What are the things that you need to watch out for;
• Being Great . . . the top 10 best practices of being on a non-profit board of directors
About the Facilitator
Christina Becker, Principle of Becker Associates, has over 35 years’ experience in the non-profit sector as a staff person and as a board member. She also brings to the workshop an extensive teaching and facilitating experience. You can expect the workshop to be interactive and provide solid tools that you can take back to your board of directors.
Date and Time:
Saturday June 22, 2013
9:30 am to 12:30 pm
To be Determined
$149.00 for the first Board member from an organization, and $119.00 for each subsequent board member of the same organization.
Becker Client Discount
$99 for the first Board member, $79 for each subsequent member attending.
*All attendees receive a workbook to apply the ideas with your board of directors, as well as coffee and muffins.
Reserve your spot now by [clicking here]!